Thursday, April 30, 2009

Triple – A Double - D

Adult Acquired Attention

Deficit Disorder

And that is how I rate the Obama administration in its first one hundred days!

Not long ago a friend of mine sent me an e-mail titled AAADD.  In it he described a typical day for him, it was replete with going from one thing to another without finishing any of the things he started and by the end of the day he couldn’t figure out why he was so darned tired since he never seemed to get anything done.  This e-mail was sent out as a joke and it gave me a good chuckle as I have had many of those days since I retired.  Yet, when I look at what our illustrious President and his lapdog congress has acted in the first 100 days since he was sworn into office, that is exactly what I have seen . . . And it ain’t one bit funny!

We have had one crisis after another, sometimes two a day.  Every day it is one thing or another . . .

First the fat cat payoff smokescreened as an emergency bailout of Wall Street to “save our economy” – which hasn’t worked.

Next the AIG bonuses smokescreen to get our mind off the upcoming tax day tea party’s – oh yeah, that went over like a lead balloon!

Then the takeover of GM and the illegal and unconstitutional firing of the CEO – and still GM needs billions more to stay afloat.

I am not going to boor any of you with any more details since I am quite sure that those who do read this blog know all too well what is happening up there in DC – Now with the Swine Flu “epidemic” crisis in which he ushered in another nutcase into his cabinet, along with the forced union takeover of GM and Chrysler . . .

I just cannot believe that I am the only one in this country that thinks this is all very illegal, am I?

Today, I got another e-mail from the same friend who sent me the AAADD e-mail.  I will past it here for you to read;

This is from an article in the St. Petersburg Times Newspaper on Sunday.
The Business Section asked readers for ideas on "How Would You Fix the Economy?"
I think this guy nailed it!
Dear Mr. President,
Please find below my suggestion for fixing America 's economy.  Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.

You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:
There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force.  - Pay them
$1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following
stipulations:
1) They MUST retire.  Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.
2) They MUST buy a new American CAR.  Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.
3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.
It can't get any easier than that!
! P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in your Cabinet pay their taxes...

1 comment:

undertaker said...

Don't let the administration see that, because he would probably do it and it is $40 Trillion dollars.